LLP, New York, United States
- Responsible for teams of professionals to deliver audit
service to top tier SEC registrant US GAAP reporting public and non-public
insurance clients. Client portfolio includes;
Arch Insurance Group, a division of Arch Capital Group Ltd.,
provides a wide range of property, casualty and specialty insurance for
businesses and professional firms. Subject to Sarbanes-Oxley compliance audit:
“Audit of Internal Control over Financial Reporting”,
Global Aerospace, Inc., a leading provider of aviation and
aerospace insurance throughout the world.
- Other key professional responsibilities: Resolution of
auditing and reporting issues as well as internal control issues, implementation
of new technical standards, risk assessment and management, develop and
maintain strong client relationships, manage communication between engagement
partner, other teams, technical experts, Ethics Office, Risk & Quality,
- Administrative responsibilities: Recruit/retain/train and
develop staff, manage billable/chargeable hours and project profitability.
- Professional trainings attended: Annual Manager training,
International Financial Reporting Standards (“IFRS”) update, Insurance practice
annual partners and managers training, US GAAP technical seminar.
- Responsible for supervision of professionally degreed staff
of associates during the audit of public and non-public companies.
- Client portfolio included:
Assured Guaranty Ltd., a leading provider of financial
guarantee and credit enhancement products to investors, financial institutions
and other participants in the global capital markets. Subject to Sarbanes-
Oxley compliance audit: “Audit of Internal Control over Financial Reporting”,
American International Insurance Company, mass-marketing
group of American International Group (“AIG”),
Freddie Mac, a stockholder-owned corporation charted by
Congress to help stabilize the U.S. mortgage markets by creating a continuous
flow of funds to mortgage lenders in support of homeownership and rental
- Other key professional responsibilities: Budgeting, management
of client relations, managing communication with team manager, other teams, and
other lines of service.
- Professional trainings attended: Quality engagement
management, Assurance Senior Associate US GAAP Technical Seminar, and other
various technical and soft skills trainings.
PricewaterhouseCoopers, Istanbul, Turkey
- Responsible for the ongoing auditing procedures for IFRS
reporting public and non-public companies, supervision of associates,
communications with various internal and external parties.
- Client portfolio includes:
Dogan Group, a registered holding company in Turkey which
coordinates the activities of and liaise between companies operating in
different fields including media, energy, telecommunications, tourism, insurance,
manufacturing and marketing,
Yasar Group, a private holding company in Turkey which coordinates the activities of
and liaise between companies operating in different field including tourism,
insurance, manufacturing and marketing,
Insurance companies such as Allianz, Generali, Gunes
(subsidiary of Groupama), Garanti (local),
Koc Leasing and Koc Factoring,
Bayer, Cisco, Ericsson, Tui Group.
- Took place in various valuation projects managed by PricewaterhouseCoopers
Transaction Services department
- B.A.- Economics, Honor degree
BogaziciUniversity, Istanbul, Turkey 07/01
- 335th place in the National College Entrance Exam, 1997 (Out
of 1,500,000 students)
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA), United States
- Certified Public Accountant (SMMM), Istanbul, Turkey
- Computer Proficiency: Excel, Word and all other Office
Proficiency: Turkish, English, Russian (intermediate)